Care and Cleaning for Wood and Premium Veneer Cabinets
Regular exterior and interior cleaning requires only wiping with a damp cloth and then drying.
- Remove oil, grease or general soil using a clean cloth dampened with a fresh solution of mild soap and water. Rinse with a clean, damp cloth, then dry thoroughly.
- Wipe spills immediately. Prolonged exposure to spills, including food, water or other liquids can cause permanent discoloration or damage to your cabinet’s finish.
- Avoid using harsh detergents, strong soap or abrasive cleaners. All can damage the factory-applied protective finish.
- Never hang damp towels over cabinets to dry. Excessive moisture will damage the finish.
Care and Cleaning for Thermofoil (Matte and Wood Grain)
- For regular cleaning, always use a cotton cloth or nonabrasive sponge and wipe with mild dish soap or with a 50/50 mix of water and Simple Green®, especially on oily or tacky surfaces.
- To clean stains, always use a damp cloth or nonabrasive sponge and wipe with a 50/50 mix of water and Simple Green®, scrubbing lightly for 10 to 20 strokes. This should remove most stains.
Care and Cleaning for Thermofoil Gloss and Acrylic Cabinets
- Best results will be achieved using wet micro-fiber cloths or chamois with mild soap and water. Never dry wipe the acrylic finish. Applying Ultra-Gloss Superpolish + DGS, Novus 1 Polish, or Plexus Plastic Cleaner on a weekly basis will maintain the acrylic finish in an optimum condition.
- Avoid harsh household cleaners and abrasives. Always check the active ingredients of your cleaners to be sure there are no potentially harmful chemicals.
- Avoid paper towel, brushes, scourers and scrapers.
Care and Cleaning Guide
Watch our repair tutorials on YouTube
Watch our repair tutorial videos to learn how to use the repair kit included in every Design-Craft sink base cabinet.